top of page
  • Writer's pictureOxford Cat Clinic

Pet Travel After Brexit in 2021

Updated: Apr 6, 2021

Although many people will be travelling less currently, we thought it was important that we kept you up to date with changes to travel with Brexit.

From the 1st of January 2021 things will be slightly different.

  • The Pet Passport will no longer be valid however please KEEP your old ones for proof of Rabies vaccinations.

  • You need an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) for travel to and from the EU and Northern Ireland (NI).

  • This certificate can only be issued within 10 days before travel to the EU or NI and is valid for 4 months for travel within the EU or back to the UK.

  • You will need to see one of our Official Veterinarians for the certificate to be issued, and your pet needs to be examined at the time of issuing.

  • Documentation to travel can NOT be issued at your initial appointment. Please allow 3-4 working days for paperwork to be completed.

  • As before, your pet will need to be microchipped and have an up to date rabies vaccination.

If you have any questions, we will do our best to help.

Additional information is available on the government website at:

71 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page